How to Administer a Urine Drug Test
Giving a urine drug test is simple and can be done in less than 10 minutes.
- Open the sealed pouch by tearing along the notch.
- Remove the testing device.
- While holding the device firmly with one hand use your other hand to remove the cap to expose the absorbent strip.
- Immerse the absorbent strip into the urine sample for 10 seconds; (make sure the urine level is not touching the plastic).
- Lay the device flat, on a clean dry surface.
- Results will be ready in under 5 minutes.
How to Read Drug Test Results
When giving a urine drug test there are a possibility of three results:
- Positive (presence of the drug)- A rose-pink band is visible in the control region (C line).
No color band appears in the test region (T line).
- Negative (no detectable amount of the substance)- A rose-pink band is visible in the control region, and the test region.
This indicates that the concentration of the drug is zero or below the cut-off level of the test (a faint or partial line still indicates a negative test).
- Invalid Test – If a color band is not visible in the control region or a color band is only visible in the test region. If the test results are Invalid another test should be given to re-evaluate the specimen.
Download this guide here: How to Administer a Urine Drug Test